Why we are the best choice for your pet's surgical needs
Many pet owners are curious about what is involved when their pet is placed under anesthesia. At Columbus Central Veterinary Hospital, your pet's safety and comfort are our top priority so you can be sure that your pet will receive only the best and safest anesthetic and surgical care.
Our procedures include the following:
- Pre-Anesthetic Blood Work—ensures your pet is healthy enough to undergo a surgical procedure and that its internal organs can safely process the anesthesia.
- Safe Anesthesia—a very safe anesthetic gas which is also used in human pediatric medicine.
- Experienced Monitoring Support—our trained technicians use state-of-the-art anesthetic monitors to continuously monitor your pet’s pulse rate, oxygen levels and blood pressure.
- IV Catheter Placement—fluids are given during surgery to maintain blood pressure and to help your pet recover quickly from the anesthesia.
- Pain Medication—is administered prior to and after surgery to ensure your pet's comfort.
Veterinary Surgical Services
Columbus Central Veterinary Hospital provides surgical services for dogs and cats. We offer a clean and well-equipped facility and experienced team to provide your pet with high quality surgical care in a stress-free and relaxing environment.
Our team of veterinarians and technicians are experienced with a range of surgeries. All of our procedures include a thorough pre-surgical physical examination by a veterinarian, surgical monitoring and lots of care and attention throughout the day (with overnight supervision by a skilled veterinary technician).
In addition to spaying and neutering we also offer the following soft tissue, orthopedic, and emergency surgeries:
Emergency Surgeries & Urgent Care
- Exploratory Surgery
- Gastric Dilatation Volvulus (GDV) — Canine Bloat
- Perineal Urethrostomy (PU)
Soft Tissue Surgery
- Anal Sac Removal (Anal Sacculectomy)
- Aural Hematoma (fluid filled ear repair)
- Bite Wound Repair
- Cystotomy (bladder stone removal)
- Cesarean Section
- Enucleation (eye removal)
- Entropion (eyelid repair)
- Gastric Dilation with Volvulus (GDV) Surgery (Gastropexy)
- Hernia Repair
- Intestinal Surgery (Enterotomy)
- Mass /Tumor Removal
- Mucocele Surgery (Gallbladder and Salivary)
- Rabbit Spay/Neuter
- Routine Spay /Neuter (also Cryptorchids)
- Arthrodesis — This surgery is performed to alleviate pain in a joint that has arthritis or other severe debilitating joint disease.
- Bone Fracture Repair (external fixation, pinning, wiring)
- Cranial Cruciate Ligament (CCL) Repair
- Lateral Suture
- Tibial Plateau Leveling Osteotomy (TPLO)
- Tibial Tuberosity Advancement (TTA)
- Caudectomy in Bulldog breeds (tail removal)
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Femoral Head and Neck Ostectomy (FHO)
- Joint Luxation
- Patella Luxation Repair (Imbrication / Trochleoplasty)
- Shoulder Osteochondritis Dissecans (OCD)
- Tendon Repair
- And other orthopedic surgeries